Hidersine 1C and 3C Cello Rosin - just like their equivalent violin variants are - surely the 'Standard-Bearers' for rosins across the world.
The choice of student and professional alike, Hidersine's 1C (Large Cake) and 3C (Medium Cake) have become ubiquitous amongst cellists thanks to their balance of grip (Grip Profile #4) and playability.
This light amber rosin's constituent harder characteristics deliver great levels of bow hair traction on cello strings, being a little forgiving for the newer player yet still allowing more advanced players to articulate dynamic highs and lows.
NB: It is worth noting that ‘light/hard’ cello rosin is a little softer than the equivalent ‘light/hard’ violin rosin, as the larger strings of the cello require a slightly softer starting point to obtain the same levels of grip.
Made to one of Francis Hider’s most historic recipes, Hidersine 1C and 3C rosins have set the bar for cello rosins for decades, and they’re still made in England in the same way as they always were: the Artisanal process of hand-mixing and hand-pouring.
- Instrument: Cello
- Type: Light (Amber Coloured) / Hard
- Suitable for: All players from students to professionals.
- Sound Characteristic: Bright and articulate
- Grip Profile Rating (1: Low Grip/ 10: High Grip): GPR #4
- Temperature Profile: Temperate to Warm Climates
- Primary constituents: Colophony, Natural Waxes
- Cake Size: Large
- Cake Weight: 30g (approx)
- Country of Origin: England, United Kingdom
- Manufacture process: Historic / Artisanal (Hand-mixed, Hand-poured)
- Master Box Quantity: 10 pcs
|Country of Origin||UK|
Weights & Dimensions